Launching through Salesforce
The simplest way to send out e-mail invitations to your Salesforce contacts is to create an e-mail template that contains the link to your survey in Salesforce.
To send out e-mail invitations for your survey to your Salesforce contacts:
- Log into Vista through the Manage Surveys tab in Salesforce (for more information, see Logging into Vista from Salesforce).
- In the Surveys tab, click the name of the survey that you want to send.
- Click the Launch tab and then click the Launch Wizard button.
- On the Salesforce or Other Method page, select I will send invitations through Salesforce.com (e-mail template), and click Next.
- On the Email Template Type page, select the type of e-mail template you plan to create in Vista, and click Next.
If you select the HTML or Custom type, on the Get Link Text page, enter the text of the survey hyperlink.
- On the Linked Salesforce Objects page, check the lookup fields you want to populate with the results, and click Next.
This page displays the lookup fields for your Survey Result object. To link to additional objects you can add additional lookup fields as described in Configuring Salesforce to Display Vista.
- On the Launch Instructions page, follow the instructions on the screen to copy the link into your Salesforce email template.
- In your Salesforce account, create a new Email Template (HTML).
For information on how to create an Email Template (HTML) in Salesforce, click Salesforce Help and navigate to the following Help topic, Creating HTML Email Templates.
- In Salesforce, ensure that you set the new e-mail template Folder to Unified Public Email Templates.
- Select the Available For Use check box.
- In the HTML Email Content section of your template, enter a message for the survey recipients.
- In the Vista Launch Instructions page, click the Copy HTML button. If you are using Firefox, select the HTML link text, copy it (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) into the HTML template.
- In the HTML Email Content section of your template in your Salesforce account, right-click where you want the survey link to appear and click Paste.
If you are using Firefox, select the HTML link text in the Vista Launch tab, copy it (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) into the HTML template.
- Finish formatting your HTML Email Template, and then click Next.
- In the Vista Launch Instructions page, click the Copy Text button.
- In the Text-Only Email Content section of your template in your Salesforce account, enter a message for the survey recipients and then right-click where you want the survey link to appear and click Paste.
- Click Save to save your template.
- In the Vista Launch Instructions page, click Done. You can now send the survey invitation to Contacts using the Salesforce.com E-mail Tool or a Salesforce app.
The following video will walk you through the procedure for sending out e-mail invitations for your survey to your Salesforce contacts.
You also can use a third-party email marketing application to send email invitations rather than sending the emails through Salesforce. The process for using a third-party email application is similar, although you might need to modify the survey link to use the merge codes of the third-party application.
If you need further help, contact your Vista Support Representative at (+1) 919-859-4101.