Matrix Header Question
The Matrix Header question is used to start a Matrix Question, which displays a number of questions in a matrix format. Here is an example of a Matrix Header question.
The following is a description of the fields in the Matrix Header question editor:
- Question - Entry field for your question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Enter column headings - Lists the answers, or "columns" of the matrix. Enter the list in bullet format.
- Row heading width - The numeric width (in pixels) of the row heading section of the matrix question. To autosize the rows enter the text auto.
- Column width - The numeric width (in pixels) of the column heading section of the matrix question. To autosize the columns enter the text auto.
- Randomize matrix rows - Check this option to randomly order the rows of the matrix question in a different way for each respondent. This helps to eliminate bias in your results caused by the order in which questions are displayed.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
- For step-by-step instructions on creating a Matrix question, see How do I create a matrix question?
- For instructions on adding an image (such as a logo) to this page, see How do I add a logo to my survey?
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys
- To change this question to another type, Right-click on the question in the Edit tab and choose Change Type.