Can I make changes to my survey after it is launched?
The following "structural changes" will skew existing responses after a survey has launched:
- Adding new questions.
- Deleting existing questions.
- Changing the type of a question.
- Deleting answer options.
- Reordering answer options.
If you click Save after making structural changes to a launched survey, Vista will prompt to ask if you want to Purge Existing Responses or Save as a New Survey. If you choose Save as a New Survey, you will be given the option of keeping the survey link the same while archiving existing responses.
The following changes are allowed after a survey is launched:
- Changing text-only questions (Text Message, Closing, etc.).
- Changing the text portion of any question.
- Changing the spelling or wording of answer options.
- Adding conditional logic, required status, default values, etc.
- Adding answer options at the END of the list.
- Any changes on the Format tab.
- Any changes on the Security tab.
You can also add recipients to your survey after it is launched. To add recipients, simply launch the survey again and send an invitation to the new recipients. For more information, see Sending Email Invitations from Vista.
For a technique to hide a question in an active survey without making a structural change, see the article Hide a question