Vista Survey Objects
When you install the Vista Survey app from the AppExchange, two new Custom Objects are added to your Salesforce account: Survey and Survey Result.
The Survey object holds records for each of the surveys you transfer from Vista. The Survey object is the parent of the Survey Result object. The following are the primary fields of the Survey object:
- Survey ID - The 10-digit ID for the survey. This ID is included in the survey link to identify the survey.
- Vista Account - The name of the Vista username that created this survey.
- View Survey/Results - A link to open up the survey directly in Edit mode.
Survey Result Object
The Survey Result object holds records for each response you receive to a survey. The Survey Result object is a child of the Survey object. The following are the primary fields of the Survey Result object.
- Answers (View Answers) - Hyperlink that opens up the survey results in a separate window. This screen displays the entire response submitted by the user (regardless of what is in the Question Mapping).
- Contact - Lookup to the Contact who submitted the survey. You can add other Lookup fields to link to other objects as described in Configuring Salesforce to Display Vista.
- Qn Name - These fields will contain the Short Name for each of Q1-20 from the Question Mapping table on the Salesforce tab.
- Qn Value - These fields will contain the Answer for each of the Q1-20 from the Question Mapping table on the Salesforce tab.
- Submission Date - The date/time the user submitted the survey response. This will be in the time zone of Vanguard Vista's data center (Eastern Standard Time GMT-5:00).
- Summary1 - This field will contain a textual summary of the answers to Q1-Q10
- Summary2 - This field will contain a textual summary of the answers to Q11-Q20
- SurveyID - The 10-digit ID for the survey. This ID is included in the survey link to identify the survey.
- Vista ID - The unique ID for this response in Vista.
Note that the Qn Value fields are text fields that will contain the text entered by the user. If you need a numeric value for calculations in reports and graphs, you can create a Formula field which uses the CASE or VALUE functions.
For example, if you have a question that returns answers in the range "Very satisfied" to "Very dissatisfied", and you want to assign a numeric score as follows: Very satisfied=5, Satisfied=4, Neutral=3, Dissatisfied=2, Very dissatisfied=1. You can create a Formula field in the Survey Result object to calculate this score as follows:
- In Salesforce, click Setup.
- In App Setup, click Create, and then click Objects.
- Click Survey Result.
- In Survey Result, in Custom Fields & Relationships, click New.
- In Dat Type, click Formula, and then click Next.
- Enter a Field Label and a Field Name, such as Q1Score.
- In Formula Return Type, choose Number, and in Options, enter 0 decimal places. Click Next.
- In the formula editor, click on the Advanced Formula tab and enter a formula that returns a score. For information on adding a formula, in Salesforce, click Help for this Page.
For this example, the formula could be something like the following:
- CASE(Q1Value__c,"Very satisfied",5,"Satisfied",4,"Neutral",3,"Dissatisfied",2,"Very dissatisfied",1,0)
- Click Next.
- Configure the Field-Level Security for Profile, and then click Next.
- In Add to page layouts. click Save.
You will now have a field that returns a numeric score which you can use in reports and graphs.