The following Vista question types have predefined verification settings that you can use to verify certain types of information:
- Text Box
- Text Box (use with Form Header)
- Text Area
- Text Area (use with Form Header)
- Number Box
- Number Box (use with Form Header)
The types of information you can verify are:
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Zip codes
- Postal codes
- Credit card numbers
To insert a verification question into your questionnaire:
- Click Add Question on the Edit tab.
- Choose one of the question types listed above and enter your question text in the Question Editor.
- Click Verification.
- Click the Predefined Verifications link for the type of information you want to have verified.
For Number Box questions, specify the range that answers must fall within.
- Click OK to apply the verification settings and return to the Question Editor.
- Click OK again to return to the Edit tab.
- Click Test Logic to test the verification settings.
Validation Example: If Other Please Specify
Validation Example: None of the Above
Setting up Scoring in a Survey or Quiz