Other Text Box Question
The Other Text Box is used at the end of a Multiple Choice or Select Many question to ask respondents to enter a textual "Other" answer. Here is an example of an Other text box question.
For information on adding an Other Text Box question, see Add a question.
The following is a description of the fields in the "Other" text box question editor:
- Question - Entry field for question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question, such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Default Value - Sets the default answer choice for the question. This value must be the exact text (case sensitive) of the answer choice.
- Text box display length - Sets the character width of the text box. Note that this is only the display length of the text box and does not limit the length of the respondent's answer.
- Text box display height - Sets the number of lines in a text box. If this value is greater than 1 the text box will be a multi-line text box, e.g. for entering comments.
- Answer required - If checked, respondents must answer this question before they can continue with the survey.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
- Verification - Sets the verification rules for the question. For example, you can verify that respondent answers are in a certain numeric range or have a certain number of characters. If a respondent's answer does not meet the verification rule entered, the respondent will not be able to continue the survey.
Validation Example: None of the Above
Listing an answer last with Randomize answers turned on
Make an option appear last
- For instructions on adding an image (such as a logo) to this page, see How do I add a logo to my survey?
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys
- To change this question to another type, Right-click on the question in the Edit tab and choose Change Type.