Select Many Question
The Select Many question is used to insert a question that allows respondents to pick all options that apply from a list. Here is an example of a Select Many question:
This question can be displayed in Vertical mode (as shown above), Horizontal mode or Form mode (use with a Form Header Question).
The following is a description of the fields in the Select Many edit screen:
- Question - Entry field for question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question, such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Possible Answers - Lists the possible answers for the question.
- Default Value - Sets the default answer choice for the question. This value must be the exact text (case sensitive) of the answer choice.
- Answer required - If checked, respondents must answer this question before they can continue with the survey.
- Randomize answers - If checked, the possible answers are randomized when displayed to the user. This is effective if you don't want the order of the answers in the answer list to have an impact on the respondent's choice.
- Alphabetize answers - If checked, the possible answers will be alphabetized when displayed to the user. This is effective if you plan to add options to the answer list over time and you want them to always be displayed in alphabetical order.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
Note: If you use the option "Other" in a question with possible answers (for example, Multiple Choice, Select Many), it is always placed last in an option list. If you want an option to be listed last in a list of options place a ~ (tilda character) before the option value. For example, if you wanted the option "I don't know" listed last, you would enter the option as "~I don't know".
- For instructions on adding an image (such as a logo) to this page, see How do I add a logo to my survey?
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys
- To change this question to another type, Right-click on the question in the Edit tab and choose Change Type.