Send a survey as part of a Salesforce workflow
You can configure Salesforce to send a Vista survey or form to Salesforce contacts as part of a Salesforce workflow. In the following procedure, Salesforce is configured to send a Vista survey to a contact once a Salesforce case is closed.
Note: If you configure Saleforce to use a workflow task, ensure that the Allow Activities and Allow Reports options are enabled in the Survey Result custom object definition.
- Log into Salesforce.
- Click Setup.
- Under App Setup, click Create, click Workflows & Approvals, then click Workflow Rules.
- If the Understanding Workflow page appears, click Continue.
- On the All Workflow Rules page, click New Rule.
- Choose Case from the Select object drop-down menu, and click Next.
- Enter a rule name in Rule Name.
- In Rule Criteria, enter the following: Field: Case: Close, Operator: equals, Value: True.
This image, below, shows the correct configuration for this example:
- Click Save and Next.
- On the Step 3: Specify Workflow Actions page, under Immediate Workflow Actions, click Add Workflow Action, and choose New Email Alert.
- In Edit Email Alert, enter a descriptive title in Description.
- Under the Email Template field, click the Lookup icon to locate the template that contains a link to the survey that you want to send to contacts.
- In the Email Templates window, click the name of the template to use.
- Select Email Field from the Recipient Type drop-down menu.
- From the Available Recipients list, click Email Field: Contact Email, and click the Add arrow to add the recipient to the Selected Recipients list.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can use the Related Contact as the Recipient Type and Related Contact: Contact Name as the Selected Recipient.
- Click Save.
- On the Step 3: Specify Workflow Actions page, click Done.
- On the Workflow Rule Detail page, click Activate to appy the new rule.
See Salesforce Help and support if you require further assistance.