Matrix Number Boxes Question
Description: Describes how to use a Matrix Number Boxes question to display a row of number boxes in a matrix question.
The Matrix Number Boxes question is used to display a row of number boxes in a matrix question. Note that you must first add a Matrix Header Question before adding a Matrix Number Boxes question. Here is an example of a Matrix Number Boxes question.
The following is a description of the fields in the Matrix Number Boxes question editor:
- Question - Entry field for your question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Default Value - Sets the default answer choice for the question. If the question has Possible Answers (i.e. Multiple Choice, Select Many), this value must be the exact text (case sensitive) of the answer choice.
- Text box display length - Sets the character width of the number boxes. Note that this is only the display length of the number boxes and does not limit the length of the respondent's answer.
- Answer required - If checked, the respondent must answer this question before continuing with the survey.
- Verification - Click this button to set the verification rules for the question. For example, you can verify that respondent answers are in a certain numeric range or have a certain number of characters. If respondent's answers do not meet the verification rule entered here, the respondent will not be able to continue the survey.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
- For step-by-step instructions on creating a Matrix question, see How do I create a matrix question?
- For instructions on adding an image (such as a logo) to this page, see How do I add a logo to my survey?
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys
- To change this question to another type, Right-click on the question in the Edit tab and choose Change Type.