Configuring Salesforce to Display Vista
Description: Describes how to configure and customize the Vanguard Vista Survey app from the Salesforce.com AppExchange
Once you've installed the Vanguard Vista Survey app from the AppExchange, you can configure it to work with your Salesforce information. The following are some common ways you can configure the application.
Adding Survey Results to the Page View of Contacts and Other Objects
To view the Survey Results for a contact directly on the Page View for the Contact, follow these steps:
- In Salesforce, open a contact details page.
- In the contact page view, click Edit Layout.
- In the Contact Layout properties bar, click Related Lists.
- Drag the Survey Results item to the related lists and place it in the desired order in the list. Click Save.
- Repeat the preceeding steps to add survey information to the page views for other objects, if desired. For more information, see Capturing Additional Lookup Fields with the Survey Response below.
You can watch a video about how to add survey results to the page view of a contact here.
Note: You also can configure Salesforce to view a contact's survey results directly on the contact's page view in Saleforce Setup. In Setup, navigate to Contacts and click Page Layouts. Click the name of the contact, click Edit Layout, and add the Survey Results item to the related lists.
Capturing Additional Lookup Fields with the Survey Response (e.g. Account, Case, etc.)
By default, the Survey Result object includes a Contact lookup field that contains the contact who responded to the survey. You can add additional Lookup Fields (e.g. Account, Case) to the Survey Result object by following these steps:
- In Salesforce, click Setup, Create, and then Objects.
- Click the Survey Result custom object.
The Custom Object Details page displays.
- In Custom Fields & Relationships, click the New button.
- For Data Type, select Lookup Relationship, and click Next.
- In Choose the related object, for Related To, select the name of the object (for example, Account, Case), and click Next.
- In Enter the label and name for lookup field, enter the Field Name and Description, and click Next.
- In Establish field-level security for reference field, specify the permissions for the field, and click Next.
- In Add reference field to Page Layouts, click Save.
- Repeat these steps for other lookup fields you want to add to the survey result object.
You can watch a video about how to capture additional lookup fields with the survey response here.
Once you have added a Lookup Field to the Survey Result object, you will have the option of capturing the Lookup Field in the survey URL when you click Vista's Launch Wizard on the Launch tab.
Video: Adding Survey Results to the Page View of Contacts and Other Objects
The following video will walk you through the procedure for adding survey results to the page view of a contact.
Video: Capturing Additional Lookup Fields with the Survey Response
The following video will walk you through the procedure for capturing additional lookup fields with the survey response.