Creative and advanced ways to apply piping techniques
Description: Describes ways in which piping can be used to enhance your survey from personalizing it to adding advanced conditional logic.
Piping is a technique that is used to personalize surveys, pre-fill forms, display calculated values, and much more. Refer to Using Piping for instructions about adding piping to a survey.
Here are several ways in which you can use piping to enhance your survey.
- Make the answer to a question the default for a subsequent question. Just use the piping code in the Default Value property of the question.
- Show a concise Summary page at the end of your survey by piping in the answers to all the questions on the survey. For more details, see Can I give my users a summary of their responses at the end that they can print?.
- Personalize the survey with Invitation data. The Welcome page can include the respondent's name and company.
- Pipe data passed into the survey through Hidden Questions. For more details about Hidden Questions, see the Using URL Parameters in a Survey page.
- Pre-fill surveys or forms with the user's data. For example, in an Update Contact Information form you can pre-fill the fields with the contact information you have for them.
- Show calculated values based on answers to your survey. Display a "score" at the end of an assessment. For more information, see the Formulas or Calculated Questions page.
- Create advanced conditional logic such as logic based on the answer to multiple questions. For more information, see the Advanced Ask if Logic page.