Yes / No Question
Description: Describes how to use the Yes / No Question type to display a question with Yes / No answers in a survey.
The Yes / No question is used to ask a Yes or No question in a survey. Here is an example of a Yes / No question:
This question can be displayed in Vertical mode (as shown above), Horizontal mode or Form mode (use with a Form Header Question).
The following is a description of the fields in the Yes / No question editor:
- Question - Entry field for question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question, such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Default Value - Sets the default answer choice for the question. This value must be the exact text (case sensitive) of the answer choice.
- Answer required - If checked, respondents must answer this question before they can continue with the survey.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition(s) under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
- For instructions on adding an image (such as a logo) to this page, see How do I add a logo to my survey?
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys
- To change this question to another type, Right-click on the question in the Edit tab and choose Change Type.