Salesforce Transfer Error: id value of incorrect type
Description: Provides a description and resolution for the salesforce transfer error "id value of incorrect type".
Error Message: "id value of incorrect type"
A merge code used in the survey link was not replaced by the correct Salesforce object ID. This can occur if the survey link provided by Vista was not sent using a Salesforce Email Template. For more information about how to create a Salesforce Email Template, see Launching through Salesforce.
- Log into Vista from Salesforce and click the Results tab.
- Select Examine each completed questionnaire in Task and click Continue.
- Locate the result that caused the error using Previous and Next. An unsuccessful result will look something like this:
The Account, Case, and Contact fields are invalid.
- Click Edit next to Query Parameters.
- Delete all of the query data for this response and click OK. The View Individual Questionnaires page displays the result with the query parameters removed.
- Transfer the result to Salesforce by performing the steps in Transferring Results to Salesforce.
NOTE: This result will not be linked to a contact in Salesforce.