Edit a Survey
Description: Describes how to edit survey question content and the order in which questions appear in your survey.
- On the Edit tab, double-click the question you want to edit, or right-click the question and choose Edit.
- In the Question Editor screen, modify the properties of your question. For more information about the Question Editor, see Opening and using the Question Editor. The following example shows the Question Editor for a Multiple Choice question.
- Click OK to save your changes or Cancel to return to your questionnaire without saving your changes.
Once you have edited your questionnaire, you will want to format the survey. For more information, see Format a Survey.
When you right-click on a question in the Edit tab you'll see a menu with the following commands:
- Edit - Opens the Question Editor screen to edit question text, answers, and other properties.
- Insert Before / Insert After - Opens the Question Gallery to add a new question before or after the question.
- Break Before / Break After - Adds a Page Break before or after the question.
- Cut - Removes (deletes) the question and puts it on the application clipboard.
- Copy - Puts a copy of the question (without removing it) on the application clipboard.
- Paste - Inserts a new question after the selected question with the contents from the application clipboard.
- Duplicate - Inserts a new question after the selected question that is a duplicate of the question.
- Note: If you duplicate a matrix or form question it will duplicate all the sub-questions as well.
- Delete - Removes (deletes) the question.
- Set Mark / Delete to Mark - Delete a range of questions at one time by clicking Set Mark on the first question and Delete to Mark on the last question in a series.
- Move Up / Move Down - Moves the question up or down in the question order.
- Move To - Brings up a menu for choosing where to move the question.
- Change Type - Brings up a menu where you can change the type of the question while keeping all other properties like Question text and Possible Answers; for example, changing a question from Multiple Choice to Select Many.
Create a New Survey
Build a Survey from a Template
Format a Survey
Send a Survey
View Survey Results
Print Survey Results
Convert Survey Results to PDF
Can I add pictures, videos, sound, and other effects to my survey?
How do I make questions conditional?
How do I pass data into a questionnaire?
How do I pipe an answer from one question to another?
How do I create a matrix question?
How do I include a hyperlink to a Web page in a question?
How do I pre-fill a survey with data for each respondent?