Description: Describes how to add a pre-defined question from the Question Library to your survey, and how to add your own pre-defined questions to the Question Library
The Question Library contains pre-defined questions and groups of questions that you can add to your survey. For example, here are some of the pre-defined questions in the Question Library:
- Address Block (US and International) - Form block with questions for name, company, address, state, zip, etc
- Contact Information - Form block with questions for name, e-mail and phone number
- Country List - Drop-down list containing a list of all countries
- Date Chooser - Text field with a date chooser popup
- Date Chooser (use with form header) - Text field with a date chooser popup and form header
- Likert Scale - Matrix question asking user to rate items from Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree (i.e. Likert scale)
- Month List - Drop-down containing a list of months
- Rating Matrix - Matrix question asking user to rate items from 1-5
- Satisfaction Matrix - Matrix question asking user to rate items from Very Satisfied to Very Dissatisfied
- US State List - Drop-down containing a list of US states
Adding from the Question Library
To add a pre-defined question from the Question Library to your survey, follow these steps:
- On the Edit tab of your survey, click Add Question (or Right-Click on a question and choose Insert Before / Insert After).
- In the Gallery, scroll to the bottom and click Question Library.
- Choose a pre-defined question from the list. You can click Preview to see how the question will look.
- Click Add Question to add the pre-defined question to your survey.
Creating your own pre-defined questions
You can create your own pre-defined questions and add them to the Question Library by following these steps:
- On the Surveys tab, click New Survey to start a new survey.
- Tip: You may want to create a Folder to organize your pre-defined questions.
- On the New Survey screen, choose Add Question.
- Add the question(s) to your survey from the Gallery. You can have a single question or multiple questions in a pre-defined question.
- When you are finished, Save the survey with the name _QT_Your Name, e.g. _QT_Contact Info.
- Your pre-defined question should now appear in the Question Library with the name _Your Name, e.g. _Contact Info.