Matrix Drop Down Menu Question
Description: Describes how to use a Matrix Drop Down Menu question to display drop-down menus asking the user to select an option from a list in a matrix question.
The Matrix Drop Down Menu question is used to display drop-down menus in a matrix question. Note that you must first add a Matrix Header Question before adding a Matrix Drop Down Menu question. Here is an example of a Matrix Drop Down Menu question.
The following is a description of the fields in the Matrix Drop Down Menu question editor:
- Question - Entry field for your question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Possible answers - Lists the possible answers for the question.
- Default Value - Sets the default answer choice for the question. If the question has Possible Answers (i.e. Multiple Choice, Select Many), this value must be the exact text (case sensitive) of the answer choice.
- Answer required - If checked, the respondent must answer this question before continuing with the survey.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
- For step-by-step instructions on creating a Matrix question, see How do I create a matrix question?
- For instructions on adding an image (such as a logo) to this page, see How do I add a logo to my survey?
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys
- To change this question to another type, Right-click on the question in the Edit tab and choose Change Type.