Validation Message Question
The Validation Message question is used to apply validation rules to a preceding question and show a custom validation message to the survey respondent. Here is an example of a Validation Message question.
Here are some applications of a Validation Message question:
- Validating that values add up to an expected total (i.e. sum to 100%)
- Checking for inconsistent answers (i.e if Question 1 is Yes then Question 2 can't be No)
- Implementing complex complex required question checks (i.e. if Question 1 is Yes then Question 2 must have a value)
- Forcing respondents to select a minimum or maximum number of answers in a Select Many question.
The following is a description of the fields in the Validation question editor:
- Message to display - Entry field for your question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.