The Salesforce tab is enabled when you login to Vista through Salesforce.com, as described in Logging into Vista from Salesforce. On this tab you will set the Salesforce Question Mapping for the survey.
Step 1. Select Questions to Appear in Salesforce
In order to transfer response data into Salesforce you need to set up Salesforce Question Mapping for the survey. Follow these steps to set up the question mapping:
- In the survey, click the Salesforce tab.
The default Vista Survey installation allows you to transfer the answers to 20 survey questions into Salesforce.
If your survey is longer than 20 questions and you need more space, contact your Vista Support Representative for assistance at (+1) 919-859-4101.
- For each question you want to transfer into Salesforce, do the following:
- In the Question column, click the drop down list box and select the question that you want to transfer into Salesforce.
- In the Short Name column, enter a short name to use to identify the data in Salesforce.
- When you have finished, click Save to save the mapping.
Tip: If you have more than one survey that has similar questions, you might want to put similar questions in similar numbered locations to aid in Salesforce reporting. For example, if all your surveys have a question asking about Overall Satisfaction, you can include this as Question 1 in the mapping for each survey. By doing this, you will be able to report on Overall Satisfaction across all surveys.
Step 1. Map Survey Answers to Salesforce Fields
This allows you to set up which Salesforce fields you would like to automatically update with each new individual survey answer.
- Scroll down and go to Step 2. Map Survey Answers to Salesforce Fields. Repeat the following steps until you have included all the fields you wish to automatically update in Salesforce.
- Click on Add Field Update.
- A new screen will appear.
- In the Question row, click the drop down list box and select the question whose answer you want to send to a Salesforce field.
- In the Salesforce Object row, select the location of the Salesforce field you would like to automatically update.
- In the Field to Update row, select the Salesforce field you would like to automatically update.
- Click OK.