Send Email Question
The Send Email question type is used to send an email when a survey is submitted. By using Ask-if logic you can send the email conditionally based on answers to the survey.
Here are some possible uses of the Send Email question:
- Send an email to a manager if the respondent gives a negative rating in the survey.
- Send an email to the respondent who includes a copy of their survey response.
- Send an email to the appropriate individual based on a selection in the survey (i.e. Product Name in an order form)
The following is a description of the fields in the Send Email question editor:
- Email Message - Entry field for your email text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Include a link to the response? - This option lets you specify whether to include a link at the end of the email that takes the user to a read-only view of the response. The following options are available.
- No link: Don't include a link in the email
- Yes, full link: Include a link in the email that takes the user to a read-only view of the questions and answers and also includes summary data about the submission such as IP address and Time to Complete. This is ideal if you are sending the email to an internal contact like an Account Manager.
- Yes, link to just answers: Include a link in the email that takes the user to a read-only view of just the questions and answers. This is ideal if you are sending a copy of the response to the responder.
- Recipient email - The email address(es) to which the message should be sent. Separate multiple email addresses with commas or semicolons. Enter [%Email%] in this field to send the email to the survey recipient.
- TIP: You can use piping to specify that an email should be sent to the email address contained in a previous question. For example, if you ask for a email address in Question 4, you can specify that they should receive the email by typing in the value [Q4]. You also can pipe in email addresses from Vista's Email Invitation Tool. For more information about piping, see Using Piping.
- From email - The email address to be used in the From field in the email message (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Subject - The text you want to display as the Subject of the email.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys