Matrix Text Boxes Question
The Matrix Text Boxes question is used to display a row of text boxes in a matrix question. Note that you must first add a Matrix Header Question before adding a Matrix Text Boxes question. Here is an example of a Matrix Text Boxes question.
The following is a description of the fields in the Matrix Text Boxes question editor:
- Question - Entry field for your question text. You can use the formatting toolbar to add formatting to the question such as text size, text formatting (bold, italic, underline), color, etc.
- Default Value - Sets the default answer choice for the question. If the question has Possible Answers (i.e. Multiple Choice, Select Many), this value must be the exact text (case sensitive) of the answer choice.
- Text box display length - Sets the character width of the text boxes. Note that this is only the display length of the text boxes and does not limit the length of the respondent's answer.
- Text box display height - Sets the number of lines in the text boxes. If this value is greater than 1 the text box will be a multi-line text box, e.g. for entering comments.
- Answer required - If checked, the respondent must answer this question before continuing with the survey.
- Verification - Click this button to set the verification rules for the question. For example, you can verify that respondent answers are in a certain numeric range or have a certain number of characters. If respondent's answers do not meet the verification rule entered here, the respondent will not be able to continue the survey.
- Ask if - Click this button to set the condition under which this question will be asked, i.e. branching and conditional logic. For more information, see the Ask if Logic page.
- For step-by-step instructions on creating a Matrix question, see How do I create a matrix question?
- For instructions on adding an image (such as a logo) to this page, see How do I add a logo to my survey?
- For information on using Piping to display dynamic data, see Using Piping
- For information on entering text in multiple languages (i.e. multilingual survey), see Multilingual Surveys
- To change this question to another type, Right-click on the question in the Edit tab and choose Change Type.